An Amsler grid can help you to monitor your own vision at home.
1) Hold the grid about 30cm apart, your normal reading distance. Wear your usual reading glasses if needed, but not Varifocals.
2) Cover your left eye and look at the central dot.
3) Are all the lines straight and even, or any wavy, distorted, blurred or have gaps?
4) Are any pieces of the grid missing?
5) Next, cover your right eye and repeat.
6 Are all the lines straight and even, or are any wavy, distorted, blurred or have gaps? If you see any sudden change in your vision in either eye, contact your ophthalmologist immediately.
Perform this check as often as your ophthalmologist recommends.
Posted in: Macular Degeneration
- About Us
- Cashless services
- Patient Education
- Contact us