You are here: Home Arrow Our Blog
While you cannot change your age or ancestry, lifestyle changes may help reduce the risk of AMD.
- Detect early signs with regular eye tests.
- Don’t smoke.
- Keep your blood pressure down. People with hypertension are 1.5 times more at risk than people with normal blood pressure.
- Wear lenses and filters which block UV and blue light and reduce glare, especially when in bright sunlight.
- Wear a hat with a brim or visor to shade eyes from direct sunlight.
- Limit alcohol intake to the recommended amount.
- Eat a diet low in saturated fats and rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (e.g. Oily fish, walnuts).
- Eat lots of fruit and green vegetables.
Posted in: Macular Degeneration
- About Us
- Cashless services
- Patient Education
- Contact us